We understand that the relative uncertainty we are all feeling right now might have implications for your confidence to book a stay with us over the next couple of months and, with that in mind, to give you confidence in booking with us, we have decided to introduce a “Book with Confidence Guarantee” applicable to all bookings made on our website, over the phone or through www.top10.co.nz.
What is the Book with Confidence Guarantee? For bookings made from 7th May 2020, the Book with Confidence Guarantee is applicable if you are no longer able to travel due to COVID-19 related developments.
For example: you become sick with COVID-19 or someone immediately connected to you does and you are forced into self-isolation, or an Alert Level change means travel becomes impossible, or there is a Government mandate for you not to travel in your local area/region or the area you intend to travel to.
In these and other similar cases there will be no charges levied to make changes to your booking dates. We will provide a 12-month credit or full refund (in exceptional circumstances, determined on a case by case basis) with no cancellation or amendment charges added. In the case of a request for a COVID-19 related amendment on personal grounds, guests may be requested to provide a medical certificate to confirm the medical grounds on which the request is based.
This Book with Confidence Guarantee is in place whilst the COVID-19 related Alert Levels 2 - 4 are in force in New Zealand and will be reassessed at each government authorised Alert Level change or at any other time deemed appropriate by the TOP 10 Holiday Parks Group.
Please be aware that where your request is to amend/cancel a booking that was made prior to 7th May 2020 and/or is not linked to COVID-19 related matters, the normal T&C’s below will apply.
To ensure you have a happy and safe holiday at Pohara Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park please observe and adhere to the following rules and regulations:
For standard payments, cancellations and amendments
Please see at the bottom of the page for any variations for special offers.
- A deposit of the 1st night stay or 50% of the total amount (whichever is the greatest) is required to confirm your booking.
- Any outstanding balance for your booking is to be paid prior to or on arrival for the full period booked so please be sure of your dates.
- All cancellations and amendments must be received by email or in writing.
For any bookings staying anytime between 20th December and 30th January
- Refunds on deposits will only be made on cancellations and amendments received before 30th November where a full refund will be given less $25 cancellation fee plus loss of any booking fee paid.
- No refunds will be given for any cancellation or amendment made after 30th November. This includes any early departures or late arrivals due to weather or other natural causes.
- Any amendment made after you have confirmed your booking will incur a $25 admin fee per unit/site so please be sure of your dates.
- Management reserve the right to relet in your absence or early departure.
For any other time of the year
- A 25% or $25 cancellation charge (whichever the greatest) will apply to cancellations made 72 hours or more before the date of arrival.
- No refunds will apply to cancellations within 72 hours of the date of arrival.
- Any amendments will incur a $25 admin fee per unit/site.
Child ages are 2 to 14 years inclusive - where child rates are offered. There is no charge for children under 2 years old.
Check in and check out times
All guests and visitors must check in at reception on your arrival.
Check-in time is from 2pm on the day of arrival. Check-out time is 10am on the day of departure. Early arrivals and/or late check-outs must be arranged directly with management and may incur additional fees.
Please note that any early arrivals before 12pm without prior consent will be charged for the previous night.
If you are arriving after 5.30pm in the winter or 7pm in the summer, we ask that you contact us on 03 525 9500 during office hours to make arrangements.
Dogs are allowed to stay with guests who are camping in the Dog Designated Area between 1st March and 30th October (excluding Easter weekend). Dogs (or any other pet) are not permitted in any of our units or communal facilities (which includes staying in your vehicle outside a unit).
Anyone bringing a dog must sign a policy acceptance form on arrival which includes the following rules:
- All dogs must be kept on a lead at all times within the holiday park
- Dogs are not to be left unattended for any amount of time
- All dogs must be quiet and not disturb other guests
- If your dog acts aggressively you will be asked to leave
- Clean up after your dog
- Maximum of 2 dogs on any 1 site
- If we find any evidence of them being inside any of our buildings or rooms then a cleaning charge of $200 will be incurred.
If you are someone living with the support of a Disability Assist Dog then you are welcome to bring them to stay with you either on a site or in one of our rooms. You must have your certification that shows us that your dog is a Disability Assist Dog on arrival.
Holiday Park policies
- To confirm to park by-laws, rules and regulations.
- To be responsible for all members of your party or persons on your site at all times.
- We have a maximum speed limit of 5kph which must be following by all vehicles including bikes and skateboards.
- Site boundaries are clearly marked and all your belongings including boats, trailers, and other vehicles must be within your site boundary. If they do not fit then there is safe street parking outside of the holiday park.
- All caravans and motorhomes must have a valid Electrical WOF. Any electrical cable used for tents must consist of a male caravan plug with a permanently wired RCD device attached within 1 meter of the caravan plug then a minimum length of 10 meters to a three pin female plug.
- To respect other guests at all times and keep noise to a minimum between 10.30pm and 7.00am. As a guide, if you can be heard more than a site away then you are too noisy. Continued good behaviour is appreciated by all so Management reserve the right to cancel the tenancy at any time of any person or group who in the opinion of the Management behave in an objectionable manner or contravene the park rules. No refund will be given.
- Children are to be supervised by a responsible person at all times and must be back in their own campsite by 10pm.
- Alcohol is permitted on your site/unit only and will not be tolerated around the grounds or in communal areas. Consideration must be shown at all times to others.
- No braziers or open flames are permitted within the Holiday Park. All fires on the beach require a Fire Permit to avoid a fine of up to $10,000. You can apply at www.firepermit.nz
- No fireworks are permitted within the Holiday Park or on the beach in front of the Holiday Park. Please remember that they are dangerous and are a disturbance to the community and their animals.
- That any additional guests on your site must be notified to and have consent of management on their arrival. Failure to do so will incur a penalty charge of $10 per person per day
- All visitors must report to reception on arrival and departure. Visitors must leave before the reception closes.
- Every site or unit must have an adult staying (aged 18 years and above).
- Bookings, sites, units cannot be transferred from one person to another.
- Management reserve the right to allocate you to a different room, cabin or site if deemed necessary.
- All cyclists (bikes, skate boards, etc) must wear a helmet, abide by the speed limit, keep away from all pathways, buildings and sites, and be supervised by a responsible person at all times. Bikes can only be used in the Holiday Park between 8am and 7pm.
- Any damage to property or accommodation will be recovered..
- All rubbish must be put into the correct labelled bins and recycling to be clean. Please ensure your site is tidy before departure - leave it as you would like to find it.
- That the tenancy can be cancelled at any time if the park by-laws, rules or regulations are contravened and that no refund will be made of fees paid.
Conditions for annual special offers
Stay 3 nights and receive 33% discount:
- 100% non refundable and dates cannot be changed.
- Payment in full at time of booking.
- Valid for stays between 1st June and 31st July.
- Offer only available online at www.poharabeach.com and must be booked at least 24 hours before arrival.
- Cannot be combined with any other discount including a TOP 10 membership discount
Kids stay Free
- 100% non refundable and dates cannot be changed
- Payment in full at time of booking
- Valid for stays between 1st June and 31st July
- Offer only available online at www.poharabeach.com
- Maximum 2 children per 1 adult
- Minimum charge of 2 adults will apply
- Cannot be combined with any other discount including a TOP 10 membership discount.