Terms and Conditions
Phone: 0800 POHARA
Please note, there is a PDF version of our Terms & Conditions at the bottom of this page.
Check in / Departure
All parties must report to the reception on arrival. Late arrivals will only be permitted by prior arrangement.
|Check in’s||Accommodation and Sites from 2pm onwards|
|Departures||By 10am on day of departure, if you require a later departure you are welcome to stay another night please contact the office.|
Accounts – balance of accounts are payable on arrival. Payment must be made for the booking made (length and numbers of guests).
Security – safely store your belongings, lock doors and close windows when not around your site. Please report any suspicious behaviour to the office/ Park management.
Speed – a maximum limit of 8km applies to every one on the campground. Please watch out for children and bikes, they are unpredictable.
Visitors – visitors are by courtesy of Management, but are your responsibility and should depart by 10pm. Their vehicles are to be left outside the Park. Any charge for visitors, if not paid, payment will be your responsibility
Children – Parents or caregivers are responsible for children at all times. Children under the age of 6yrs old must be accompanied to all facilities.
Cancellations – refer to our website for our full policy. The policy that applies is based on your booking source. Peak Season and Holiday Periods have cancellation periods that are reflective of demand.
Parking – All vehicles/boats parked on own site or separate parking must be approved and paid for.
Caravans & Motorhomes – must have an electrical WOF and must have their own waste water container. Chemical toilets must be emptied at the dump station.
Tents – Regulations require that electricity can only be connected through an approved cable, which must consist of a male caravan plug with a permanently wired RCD device within 1 metre of caravan plug, then a minimum length of 10 metres to a three pin female plug.
Cleanliness – Please treat our property with pride and respect. Leave all facilities as you found them – neat and tidy, and please report any damage or condition that needs management’s attention.
Cooking – in consideration of other guests we do not allow cooking of odoriferous foods in units or the shared facilities.
Recycling – Please use our designated recycling centres as intended, separating items into the correct waste containers so we can all do our bit for the environment.
Dump stations and Bathrooms – DO NOT put sanitary pads, nappies or other objects down the toilets or dump stations. Use the appropriate rubbish bins provided.
Please note excessive cleaning costs or damaged property will be charged to your credit card.
Showers – Our showers are coin operated – $1 for six minutes.
Laundry – our machines are coin operated. Washing machines takes 2 x $2 coins and 1 x $1 = $5 charge. Dryers takes $2 coins = $2 for 20 minutes.
BBQ’s – Are available free of charge. Please clean after use and inform reception if the gas bottle is empty.
Hireage – electrical lead hire and cooking utencil hire available at reception.
No braziers or open fires (includes candles, fireworks and flamed BBQ fires) are permitted on the premises and any fires on the beach must have a permit issued by FENZ and meet Napier City Council requirements.
Pet Policy – Restricted
Dogs are permitted between 1st March and 30th November in our designated dog area only. Please see our website for full dog policy.
No other pets are permitted.
Conduct, Noise, Disturbance Policy
We are a campground and accommodation provider for everyone. Please don’t put us in the position where we have to deal with complaints from other users about you and/ or your guests behaviour.
If you are having fun at the expense of others, then you need develop an awareness around your own behaviour and actions. Failure to do this, results in us asking you to leave without any refunds.
- Noise policy – Quiet times between 10.00pm and 8.00am.
- No Smoking Policy – No smoking is allowed in units or around camp facilities. Do not discard of butts unless they are safely put in bin.
- No Drugs are permitted. The matter will be reported to Police and you will be asked to leave without warning.
- Alcohol – Excessive drinking and party’s/ noise are forbidden – you will be asked to leave without warning.
- No Bad language or swearing at all times.
- Reasonable behaviour and dress standard at all times.
- Consideration to all other guests must be shown at all times.
- Damage – Cost of any damage to property or accommodation
will be recovered.
If any of these rules, regulations or health and safety requirements are breached, you may be required to leave the Park without refund. We ask for your cooperation so that your stay and the stay of other guests is as enjoyable as possible.
|Infant:||less than two years old.|
|Child:||two year to 14 years.|
|Adult:||15 years and over.|
Reservation and Payment Policies
- This policy only applies to direct bookings with this property
- Bookings made online via our website will require payment in full if booking is within 90 days.
- If you have booked through a 3rd party you have agreed to their booking and cancellation policy, as well as all other policies of this property.
- A booking is a contract. A booking is only confirmed only once a deposit has been paid (see payment policy).
- Camp management retain the right to alter cabin or site arrangements to accommodate broader business needs.
- From time to time we may offer special rates or discounts to various group memberships or specials. If you qualify, you may only apply one discount offer per stay
- Your booking allocates only one vehicle per site. Please advise at the time of booking if you have a trailer or Boat and we will do our best to accommodate. There may be additional charges of $10 per extra unit, however, parking is very limited at our Holiday Park.
- An automatic surcharge of 2.5% will be added to payments by credit and debit card users.
- All bookings remain at the discretion of the manager/ owners. Management reserve the right to refuse entry, at its sole discretion, if it believes the party;
- It is not the person named on the reservation or the person named on the credit card or not unauthorised for the use of the card, or is not able to pay for any additional charges
- may not respect the rules of the property or acts in a manner likely to affect other guests rights of enjoyment.
- may cause damage to the property of the camp or other guests
- may exhibit socially unacceptable behaviour
- is younger than 18 years and not accompanied by a responsible person over that age.
- is concealing an unauthorised people or animals.
- The party is not of the character needed to operate within a campground environment.
Payment Policy (Outside Summer High Peak Period)
A booking is confirmed only once a deposit has been paid – the deposit is the greater of one nights stay or 50% of the booking total.
- The balance of all bookings is payable on check-in/ arrival
- A Credit card is also required for an in-print, which will be charged for any extra’s, lost property or damage caused during your stay. Please look after this property as if it was your pride and joy!
Payment Policy (Summer High Peak Period – 20th December to 15th February)
- A non-refundable $25 booking fee is required before 15th March of the summer prior.
- 50% deposit is required by 31st July to confirm your booking, with the balance due on arrival.
Payment Policy (Peak periods including long weekends, excluding 20th December to 15th February)
- Management reserve the right to implement a minimum night stays at any point – booking must cover any minimum night periods.
- All peak period bookings must be paid in FULL to confirm at the time of booking.
Please note, If you have booked via a 3rd party that payment policy applies, regardless of the time of year. Please refer to that site/source to view the terms and conditions that apply.
Damages/ Cleaning Policy
- Wilful or Accidental damage: A guest will be responsible for any damage to the unit/ cabin/ property, loss of property or income. These costs include;
- the direct repair costs;
- the daily accommodation costs at carded rates, until the room is able to be let.
- Additional cleaning: We reserve the right to charge an addition cleaning charge of $200 per night if the condition of the room has been left in an unsatisfactory condition requiring extra cleaning.
Cancellation, Amendment Fees and Refund Policy (excluding Summer High Peak Period)
- If you have booked via a 3rd party that cancellation policy applies.
- Any amendments will incur a $50 amendment fee. Please note that a reduction in nights will be treated as a cancellation for the applicable nights.
- Cancellations for reservations are not refundable where they are;
- Within 14 days of other Peak periods
- Within 72 hours before all other booking’s;
- If a cancellation is made and qualifies for a refund a “refund processing fee” of 25% (a minimum fee of $50 applies) will be deducted per site or room booked.
Summer High Peak Period Cancellation, Amendment Fees and Refund Policy
- Refunds on deposits will only be made on cancellations and amendments received before 15th November where a full refund will be given less a $50 cancellation fee plus loss of any booking fee paid. Amendments will incur a $50 charge.
- No refunds will be given for any cancellations or amendments after 15th November. This includes early departures or late arrivals due to weather or other natural causes.
- Management reserve the right to re-let in your absence or early departure.
If you need to isolate due to COVID, we offer to put bookings forward to new date (provide a credit less $25 amendment fee) once confirmation has been received of the COVID case being registered with the Ministry of Health. There is no refund and the credit only covers the individual who is COVID positive – it does not cover entire group bookings.
Refund Information for ALL bookings
- Refunds will only be processed to the payment source received and within working 10 days.
- No refunds are given for;
- Early departure on booked dates
- Weather conditions
- Road closures
- Transport delays
- Other factors outside of your control
Dogs are allowed to stay with guests who are camping in the Dog Designated Area between 1st March and 30th November with prior approval from Management. Small or Medium Dogs only. Dogs (or any other pet) are not permitted in any of our units or communal facilities (which includes staying in your vehicle outside a unit).
Anyone bringing a dog must sign a policy acceptance form on arrival which includes the following rules:
- All dogs must be kept on a lead at all times within the holiday park
- Dogs are not to be left unattended for any amount of time
- All dogs must be quiet and not disturb other guests
- If your dog acts aggressively you will be asked to leave
- Clean up after your dog
- Maximum of 2 dogs on any 1 site
- If we find any evidence of them being inside any of our buildings or rooms then a minimum cleaning charge of $200 will be incurred.
- All powered sites must use an approved RCD safety switch lead that is tag tested.
- You are responsible for all members of your party or persons on your site at all times and each site must have at least one adult over the age of 18.
- Site boundaries are clearly marked and all your belongings including boats, trailers, and other vehicles must be within your site boundary. If they do not fit then there is safe street parking outside of the holiday park.
- Children are to be supervised by a responsible person at all times and must be back in their own campsite by 10pm.
- No fireworks are permitted within the Holiday Park or on the beach in front of the Holiday Park. Please remember that they are dangerous and are a disturbance to the community and their animals.
- Bookings, sites, units cannot be transferred from one person to another.
- Management reserve the right to allocate you to a different room, cabin or site if deemed necessary.
- All cyclists (bikes, skate boards, etc) must wear a helmet, abide by the speed limit, keep away from all pathways, buildings and sites, and be supervised by a responsible person at all times. No bikes are to be used after 8pm in the park.
- Please ensure your site is tidy before departure – leave it as you would like to find it.